College Summer Institute (CSI)
The College Summer Institute (CSI) is an excellent way for incoming First Year students to make a smooth and successful transition into the first year at UCLA. For six weeks before the start of Fall Quarter, you will live on campus with your fellow undergraduates while taking courses that satisfy several University requirements.
Students can choose from many of UCLA’s most high-demand courses, offered in smaller class settings than during the regular school year. Classes will be entirely comprised of new students, so it is easier to make friends and adjust to university life. With the support of UCLA counselors, CSI students will learn your way around campus, Westwood, and Los Angeles for successful head start!
- CSI students move in on Monday, July 29
- CSI program begins with New Student Orientation session:
- Tuesday, July 30 to Thursday, August 1
- Classes begin on Monday, August 5, and end on September 13
- All CSI courses run for six weeks
- Students choose from one of several course plans with a range of choices that meet several degree requirements
- Tutoring and counseling will be available to support student success